The SEC main goal is to promote the idea of building a united Europe and the full development of civil society, promoting and supporting actions aimed at strengthening Ukraine's security as well as improving the system for managing, studying and preventing threats in the area of state security and promoting Ukraine's interests on the international arena.
The main activities of the SEC are:
1. Investigation the geopolitical problems of national, regional and global security in the context of threats in political, economic, military, informational, energy, ecological, humanitarian, antiterrorist activities, etc;
2. Investigating peacekeeping operations within the UN and NATO and studying and analyzing their outcomes and impact on regional and global security;
3.Popularizing and disseminating the idea of building a rule-of-law state, promoting democratic transformations in society, protecting human rights and freedoms;
4. Creation a platform for effective cooperation of civic organizations, a scientific community with representatives of national and international business, state bodies and international organizations;
5. Conducting expert analysis of the needs in professional education taking into account existing and potential challenges in various fields that directly affect the security of the state. Creation of conditions for popularization of achievements the Ukrainian science and culture as well as spiritual heritage in the international arena;
6. Popularization and creation of a positive image, advancement of Ukraine's interests in the international arena and strengthening of its reputation, dissemination of truthful and objective information about Ukraine in the world.