The SEC’s main goals are to promote the construction of a united Europe and a fully developed civil society, to support the strengthening of Ukraine's national security, to improve systems for managing, studying, and preventing security threats, and to advance Ukraine's interests in the international arena.
The main activities of the SEC are:
1. Investigating geopolitical problems of national, regional, and global security in the context of threats in political, economic, military, informational, energy, ecological, humanitarian, antiterrorist, and other areas.
2. Examining peacekeeping operations conducted by the UN and NATO and analyzing outcomes and impacts on regional and global security.
3.Popularizing and disseminating the idea of a rule-of-law state, promoting democratic transformations in society, and protecting human rights and freedoms.
4. Creating a platform for effective cooperation of civic organizations and a scientific community with representatives of national and international business, state bodies, and international organizations.
5. Conducting expert analysis of needs in professional education, taking into account existing and potential challenges in various fields that directly affect state security, as well as creating conditions for the popularization of achievements in Ukrainian science and culture as well as spiritual heritage in the international arena.
6. Elaborating Ukraine's interests in the international arena, strengthening its reputation, and disseminating truthful and objective information about Ukraine in the world.