Leadership is a series of behaviors rather than a role for heroes– Margaret Wheatley
Leadership is a series of behaviors rather than a role for heroes
All 12 boys and their football coach have been successfully saved
1. Focus-groups should be conducted in Kyiv, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Lublin, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Berlin, Dresden, Munich, Stuttgart, Bonn, Hamburg
2. Focus-groups (FG) should be from 8 to 15 persons
3. FG will be formed from students of the following specializations: law, journalism, political science, sociology, military service; international relations; business; information science - preferable
4. Duration of FG is about 120-150 minutes
5. Respondents will be involved in the public discussion and answer on the questions of questionnaires
6. 5 or 6 blocks of questions
7. All questions should be described before FG by experts/trainers
Indicators for focus-groups. National security sub-category insight
1. Military security
1. Do you consider the available armed forces of your country sufficient to protect its integrity?
2. Do you consider it is necessary to develop the system of military-patriotic education?
3. Do you consider it is necessary to implement military training programs and civil defence in general, vocational and higher education institutions?
4. Whether it is necessary to carry out scientific researches in the field of national security and defence?
5. Do you think that NATO will defend your country in a case of 3rd country aggression? (In case of UA, NATO help us to save our borders)
1. Do you consider it is necessary to have a large number of armed forces in your country?
2. Is it necessary to intensify the preparation of the population and the territory of the state to fulfil the tasks of defence, to improve the system of territorial defence?
3. Do you think that your country has to spend 2% of its GDP on defence? Or more?
4. Do you think that all NATO member states have to spend 2%of GDP on defence?
2. Economic security
1. Did the State create conditions for investors, attracting foreign investment in key sectors of the economy?
2. Can you consider the national economy of your country resistant to negative external influences?
3. Do you think that automatisation and 4th industrial revolution can bring social instability to your country?
- Does the economy of your country provide readiness to repulse armed aggression?
- Can you name the monetary policy of your state as to be transparent?
3. Energy and ecology security
1. Which main problems of energy and ecology security could you indicate?
2. What is the main important for you, your state and region?
3. Does your country use its own energy potential fully?
4. Do you see a sufficient state policy in the field of energy security?
5. Does your country use enough alternative energy resources aiming to ensure energy security?
6. Are the natural/energy resources in your country rationally used?
7. Is the activity of the mass media targeted at advocating compliance with environmental rules?
8. Has your country set up a monitoring system for the environment?
1. Are the latest technologies in the fuel and energy sector implemented?
2. Whether strategic reserves of fuel and energy resources were created?
3. Are eco-friendly products available in free access?
4. Is environmentally friendly production ensured?
5. Are the maximum permissible concentrations of harmful substances in the atmospheric air of populated areas adhered to?
6. Does the State provide radiation protection of the population and the environment?
7. Is disposal, utilization, burial of industrial and domestic waste conducted?
8. Is the protection of groundwater from pollution ensured?
4. Information and cybersecurity security
1. Does the State ensure high-quality informing of citizens and free access to various sources of information?
2. Are you getting the required information service at the right time?
3. Are the main resources of the state protected from unauthorized access to information?
4. Do you consider the activities of the security and defence sector to be effective in combating cyber threats of a military, criminal, terrorist or other nature?
5. Does the state organize raising the digital literacy of citizens and the culture of security in cyberspace?
6. Does the state contribute to the training on emergencies and incidents in cyberspace?
1. Is the information inside the State protected from destruction and unauthorized change?
2. Is the information inside the State relevant and consistent?
3. Is there control within the State of the non-distribution of secret information and protection against negative informational influences?
4. Does the State prepare Conceptual Documents on Cybersecurity?
5. Are there systems to detect, prevent and neutralize cyber threats in a timely manner?
5. Cross-border security
1. Do you think that the security of your country and the EU member-states are equally important?
2. Do you think that the borders of your country have to be better protected? Even if this border is inside the EU?
3. Do you think that EU has to be more active on the defence of its borders?
1. Is the cross-border cooperation within the EU on the good level?
6. Understanding the concept “Nation-State”
1. What is “Nation-State” for you?
2. Do you think that globalisation has influenced the “Nation-State” concept?
3. Do you think that this influence is good?
4. Do you think that EU has to continue its existence as Union of Nations or as something else?
7. Understanding the concept “Territorial integrity”
1. If some part of your country will decide to become independent but democratic state and in a democratic way, will you agree with that decision?
2. Do you fill that territorial integrity of the EU is important for you?
8. Whether the historical events of your country has affected your understanding of security?
1. Do you think that Memory policy is a part of the security of your country?
2. Do you think that the EU has to provide its own Memory policy?
3. Mark from 1-10 the importance of historical symbols for you?
4. Do you think that the destruction or mockery of the national symbols of your country is part of the aggression against it?
5. Do you think that your country has to better protect its national symbols?
6. Do you support the idea of shared European history and common memory policy?